Monday, February 26, 2007

First day at TLL. Sm and I did alot of walking and changing of buses because we were unsure of the location. NUS is too big!


It turned out that we will be sharing the same lab with Soo Cheng and Eling and that our project might overlap. =) Anyway, there are 2 japanese in the lab, my supervisor and one of her assistant. Both of them speak good english as compared to JCS teachers. =)


We spent the entire day reading reviews. Boring! The reviews we usually read in NP is approximately 12-20 pages. The review our supervisor made us read was 60 pages (with very tiny words) excluding 10 full page of references. Madness! I'm still on page 11 and I dozed off countless time while reading. Fruitfly is too complex an insect for me. =X


TLL is a great place, full with elites (with extremely messy tables). Scientists streaming in and out of the lab, working dilligently on their experiments without referring to any protocol while checking germline configurations on their laptops. Thats one thing I can never achieve. I'll be lost without a protocol or a partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment