Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bored bored.


I think I've got the boring-est project ever. Daily rountine: pick pupas, select virgin flies, cross breed, fatten flies, dissect, staining, mounting... The cycle goes on and on. Unlike other groups, they do fun things like PCR, gel electrophoresis.. etc. I'm jealous.


I hate smelling stinky fly food everyday. My nose runs every time I pick pupas. Just today, I picked 8 bottles of pupas. Had to OT because there wasn't enough female virgins for tomorrow's crossbreed and I had to prepare. Tomorrow I will have to select over hundreds of female virgins from today's pupa. Can die..


I hate the fly room. Sometimes people just leave the carbon dioxide tanks on even when it is not in use, carbon dioxide gets trap inside the enclosed fly room. I get sleepy, dry-throated and bad tempered whenever this happens. Too much carbon dioxide and not enough oxygen. What if I faint like those flies? =X


I'm super lazy to do my logbook now. Shall do it in the lab tomorrow. Yawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment