Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Shit! I think Tricia mentioned about me during the management meeting. All of the sudden, the top management seems to know about me being able to understand Japanese.

1) VP approached me to help out with the tele-conference with some Japanese High School Students from HQ in Japan last week. I didn’t get to use a lot of Japanese though. =/

2) Today, the President approached me to help out with his scheduling. He was quite ambiguous when he explained what he wants me to do. But I think he wants me to translate his schedule from Japanese to English and then upload it to our system. Anyway he said he will brief me again some other time.

The point is that my Japanese isn’t really proficient and I can’t afford to offend any of them (even though they are really friendly most of the time). So I guess I’ve got to start working on my written and conversational Japanese from now on.

Working in a Japanese firm isn’t easy, especially when you get to receive this sort of ‘bomb’ each day. If I manage to pass JLPT 2 this year, I’m not going to tell anyone in the company. Well, I highly doubt that I can pass JLPT 2 anyway. I’ve barely started on my study!

I feel so paralyzed at work when both Tricia and Kuwabara are not around. There are so many matters I can only process with their approvals. But Kuwabara will only return the day before I fly and Tricia will only be back on the day I’m flying. How to get things done like that?! Damn sian lah…

No comments:

Post a Comment